There was a time when television, newspapers and radio were the only forms of advertising products and services. But social media, which gave birth a decade ago have revolutionized the very game and concept of global marketing as well sharing information. There is a great deal of impressive data available on popular websites such as Facebook and other media platforms for influencing sales and other modes of communication. So, it is no wonder that many companies want to capitalize on this integral part of internet traffic.Let us take a look at some of the social media trends that are huge this year. Here is a list of the game changes that may happen in 2017 –
1. Social Messaging .Private social messaging has become the norm of the day, and the best examples can be seen in the tribute given to WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger. In recent times, the trendy population have taken to more usage of messaging apps than using the social networks. In 2017, we can see more similar apps making a mark.
However, they will bear the brand name of large conglomerates or start-ups which will create groups of their own for popularizing their products. Instead of just taking a closer look at what your competitors are doing and developing, you can check the responses of customers which will not only give you a tip to improve but also, give you a glimpse of their mentions and what people are saying.
2. Fake News .Nearly 20 billion people in the globe are tuned to the internet at some point in their daily lives. To garner more likes and shares, there are people/companies/channels who spread fake news and inaccurate information to enhance their popularity.
The incident which would not have been forgotten by readers will be the 2016 Presidential election in the US where inaccurate information about candidates was widely circulated on all media platforms. Every platform will take some harsh steps to curb this negative activity.
3. Augmented Reality. It was Snapchat who brought the concept of breath taking augmented reality to the social media through its selfie lenses. The app of Pokémon Go became very popular in 2016. Similarly, other platforms will also make headway in the same sphere in 2017.
Videos are very popular online you can always witness how videos receive a lot of likes and comments. It gives the people watching it a personal touch. Good videos should be short, target specific audience, have a high-quality images and sound and above all promote the brand name. Instagram can also be used to produce timed visual content and timed videos.
4. Chatbots. chatbots are still in their early stages, but this artificial intelligence tool can respond quickly to questions and comments of customers. Social media websites are going all out to include this tool in their platforms to prevent the customers going to another website.
5. Google Includes SM Content in its Searches.
At first, people thought that social networks were just a trend, but now major companies such as Google are seeing that it is not going anywhere. It has become too blended into people’s lives. So Google has decided to start including content from the top social networks out there in its search results. Now when people decide to search for something they can expect results from sites like Facebook.
Google has also been integrated into just about every major social network there is. So someone who is interested in putting themselves out there for exposure or business is going to need a good social media marketing strategy to take advantage of this. With the right social media marketing consultant helping, getting in front of people on different social networks does not have to be hard.
Only five trends are covered in this article, but experts estimate there will be the highest number of changes in the tools used in similar platforms. For more social media updates and current trends, do not forget to subscribe to our website.As anyone can see, social media is being joined with so many things that pretty soon it is going to be tough to be in business without utilizing it in some way.